DIVerSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
Ventra is a professional Webflow template with multiple sections that you can customize
Antiracism, diversity, inclusion, equity, and good sportsmanship are among the many core values that have defined Seattle United for the past decade. We are both humbled by and proud of the myriad of cultures, races, faiths, genders and other social communities represented within our club. It is in this way that we are united.
As such, respect for others is a fundamental condition to our culture and membership, while at the same time we understand there remains work to be done. In order to formally embrace that culture, Seattle United has announced the formation of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) Committee.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee will work to:
- Promote greater diversity in the club by recommending strategic initiatives to recruit, support, and retain coaches and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Proposing DE&I strategic initiatives and assist Club leadership in their implementation.
- Promote participation in activities supporting diversity in our communities.
- Communicate diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, actions and results to all parties inside and those interested outside the club.
- Act as constructive support to strengthen the diversity and anti-discrimination activities;
- Spread practical awareness and provide education to club’s membership;
- Highlight cooperation with the SYSA, WYSA and US Soccer.
- Gracien Charles-Antoine, parent and Board of Directors
DEI Committee Chair
- Shaunie Jaine, parent and Board of Directors
- Carlos Enriquez, Coach and Community Outreach Director
- George Singh, Coach and South Regional Director
- Jasmin Zachwieja, Athletic Trainer
- Jules Sackeyfio, Coach & Junior Academy Director, Girls
- Rich Reece, Director of Coaching - Girls
- Steph Yurcisin, parent and Board of Directors
- Veera Balasubramaniam, parent and Board of Directors